Welcome to my new blog, Persephone Rising: Simple Tips to Reinvent Your Life and Escape "Hell" For Good! I thought the Ides of March would be a propitious time to stealth launch my blog, while I work out some of the kinks. I will publicly announce the blog next week. My intention is to post every Wednesday afternoon at 2pm (EST), initially, and then add additional posts as time goes by.
My blog will be consist of tips, techniques, life hacks, life lessons, and practical advice intended to help readers move beyond inertia, think deeply about where they want to be in the full spectrum of their lives, and create action plans to get there and stay there. And since I'll be writing the posts, there will usually be a touch of humor!
My hope is to inspire, inform, and entertain you, and I also want to learn from my readers' shared experiences and knowledge. There will be a comment section below that I'm working on installing, as well as a sign up page for blog and other notifications. Please feel free to write whatever is on your mind--I'd love to hear your feedback and comments!
Finally, as this blog came to fruition through my own pursuit of an ideal life, I'll be including a recipe each week that will eventually be adapted for my online cookbook--one of many dreams and passions that I'm currently pursuing!
I'll be back next week with my first Simple Tip to Reinvent Your Life and Escape "Hell" for Good! But in the meantime, please enjoy 40 of my favorite inspirational and motivational quotes. Whenever I need a boost, one of these will always lift my spirits and get me back on track.
Until next week,
To Your Success!
1. You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
2. Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. ~ George Bernard Shaw
3. The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. ~ Oliver W Holmes
4. I have found that if you love life, life will love you back. ~ Arthur Rubinstein
5. Every man dies. Not every man really lives. ~ William Ross Wallace
6. There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. ~ Albert Einstein
7. Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive. ~ Howard Thurman
8. Uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security. ~ John Allen Paulos
9. It’s impossible,” said pride. “It’s risky,” said experience. “It’s pointless,” said reason. “Give it a try,” whispered the heart… ~ Unknown
10. Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right. ~ Henry Ford
11. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. ~ Lao Tzu
12. What could we accomplish if we knew we could not fail? ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
13. Do one thing every day that scares you. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
14. It is not enough to stare up the steps, we must step up the stairs. ~ Vaclav Havel
15. Step forward into your life as you did when you were a child, when you believed anything was possible. ~ Vince Gowmon
16. Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others. ~ Jonathan Swift
17. Coaching helps you take stock of where you are now in all aspects of your life, and how that compares to where you would like to be. ~ Elaine MacDonald
18. Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. ~ Nido Qubein
19. Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements. ~ Napoleon Hill
20. The starting point of all achievement is desire. ~ Napoleon Hill
21. Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death. ~ Mame Dennis
22. Be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Gandhi
23. Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing, there is a field; I will meet you there. ~ RUMI
24. Forget Safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious. ~ RUMI
25. When ‘I’ is replaced with “we” even illness becomes wellness. ~ Malcolm X
26. Lay Claim to Your Sense of Deserving. Once you’ve come to see yourself as the architect of your own life, rather than as the victim of circumstance, then you can begin to build your dream — one that requires your passion, your persistence, and a belief in yourself that you are really worthy of having this dream come true. ~Mary Morrissey
27. How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank
28. There are resources you can access that cannot be seen and they are far greater and more powerful than the resources you might readily observe.
These invisible resources are the most powerful factors available to assist you in making a quantum leap.
Like an iceberg — what is under water is greater, but cannot be seen. Just as great, though unseen, are the invisible resources ready to make a profound difference in what you can achieve.
In one way or another, these unseen forces will dazzle you. Count on it. ~ Price Pritchett
29. Success works as a cycle - growth and contraction, balancing and unbalancing - all while you're encountering hurdles that get higher and higher over time.” ~ Julien Smith
30. Whatever you dream of, there will be fulfillment. ~ Lailah Gifty Akita
31. There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. ~ Paulo Coelho
32. Don’t let others tell you what you can’t do. Don't let the limitations of others limit your vision. If you can remove your self-doubt and believe in yourself, you can achieve what you never thought possible. ~ Roy T. Bennett
33. In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision. ~ Dalai Lama
34. A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being. ~ James E. Faust
35. Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy. ~ Lao Tzu
36. The answer to finding better work/life balance is to find the right blend between all our life activities—regardless of where and when they occur. ~ Michael Thomas Sunnarborg
37. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection. ~ Buddha
38. When we are unstuck, fulfillment comes naturally and effortlessly. ~ Oprah Winfrey
39. You will be really unstuck when you know every day that you’re becoming the person you want to be and doing what you want to do. This is our goal. ~ Deepak Chopra
40. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. ~ Mahatma Gandhi